Shooting is something that we love to do. It’s like our passion! We do it for fun and relaxation. We also enjoy challenging each other. Now the fun starts when we shoot as long as we can! When you shoot from a reasonable distance, but still we hit the target, how does it feel? We know, it feels fantastic. While being a shooting enthusiast and also keeping your eye on your pocket, you might be thinking of having a 1000 yard scope on a budget.
For doing it more often, you need a scope, and it’s where the problem starts. As a beginner, it’s very tough to choose from the thousands of available product on the market. That’s where we come in! By the way, we hope you already have best long range rifles for practicing more! If you don’t have one and check this article and after reading that, you can continue from here.
Now, from our experience, we decided to recommend you four best scopes which are best for thousand yards. So, without further due, let’s get started! Shall we?
1000 Yard Scope on a Budget – Our Top Picks
High-end but Affordable: Vortex Optics Viper HS-T
- The Viper HS-T 6-24x50 is one of multiple configurations in the Viper HS-T (Hunting & Shooting Tactical) line. VMR-1 Reticle (MOA) is perfect for accurate holds at extended ranges . Featured length of...
- Incorporating our premium, fully multi-coated, extra-low dispersion lenses brings excellent resolution and color fidelity. The XR coatings provide enhanced light gathering capability while Armortek...
- The exposed target-style turrets are constructed for precise and repeatable finger-adjustable clicks. A CRS Zero Stop allows for reliable return to zero capability after dialing temporary elevation...
- A 4x zoom provides magnification versatility while the side focus parallax adjustment provides optimal image focus and parallax removal. The fast focus eyepiece allows the shooter to properly adjust...
- The one-piece tube is o-ring sealed and argon purged to ensure waterproof and fogproof performance. The Viper HS-T is a versatile yet simple riflescope that is at home in a hunting, target shooting,...
In this competitive industry, we see many brands and their products. In the crowd of thousands of scopes when it comes to something affordable within a reasonable price, one brand name comes ahead which is Vortex.
That’s why our first recommendation for the 1000 yard scope on a budget is Vortex Optics Viper HS-T. It is the 6-24×50 and VMR-1 Moa. It has many features to offer us! So, let’s dig into it!
- It’s available in four sizes. So you can select according to your need. We choose optic vortex Viper HS-T 6-24×50 which is incredible.
- The reticle works correctly even at long range, and it also gives the perfect hold.
- It has a turret which is made for finger-adjustable clicks.
- A CRS zero stop allows it to take it down to the zero after raise correction.
- The scope has a premium lens with XR coating and extra-dispersal lens which provides color reliability. For protecting the glass, it has an Armortek coating, and the XR coating helps to increase the light gathering capability. So, you can guess the quality of the lens.
- It has a 4x zoom and focuses parallax adjustment system on the side.
- The fast focus eyepiece of the scope allows you to adjust the reticle.
- It’s also waterproof and fog proof. So, you can use it in the winter morning too.
- Perfect for Hunting, Tactical application and target shooting.
Pros & Cons
For aiming and for reaching the aim, the scope plays a vital role. Now if you want to shoot like a pro even in low light then go for it.
Cheap in price not in Quality: Mueller Target Riflescope
- Eye relief of 4
- Tube size of 30 millimeters. Fast-focus eyepiece
- Magnification of 8-32x;“Mildot Reticle” (accurate milling based on 10x)
- 44 millimeter objective. Windage/elevation adjustment range: 40 inches at 100 yards; over-all
When a newbie asks us to recommend a rifle scope within low cost for learning the first brand name comes in our mind is, Mueller. You know what? Even their motto is ‘low-cost alternatives.’ So, you’re getting the decent quality product within the very low price. However, it isn’t that cheap eve they’re maintaining good quality from the past several years.
For a reason, we’re recommending you Mueller’s target rifle scope. It’s a basic looking but works beautiful kind of scope.
Now one more thing, the body of the scope may seem cheap, but they provide a high-end quality lens, so if you’re looking for something that is best for learning, then it’s perfect for you.
So, let’s see the features of it!
- It is available in Black color, and it has 8-32x44mm magnification and an objective lens.
- Its size of it is 30 millimeter in tube size.
- The scope has fast-focus eyepiece feature, so you can easily adjust it with your eye.
- Magnification level of this scope starts at 8 and ends at 32 power which is enough. It provides a fantastic sight picture. For aiming in 1000 yards, it’s enough.
- The objective lens of it is, 44mm which is adjustable. While shooting in 100 yards, you may get 40 inches lens performance.
- Mountable in large caliber rifles.
- It also has the eye relief of 4 inches which will be safe for your shooting eye from massive and dangerous shrinking.
- The Mueller’s target rifle scope also has adjustable target turret, target crosshair with a target dot which will provide a clear view of the target at long range.
Pros & Cons
As we said before if you are a beginner and getting your first scope also you don’t have that much budget then go for it. One more thing, don’t expect too much from it L if you take good care of it, it’ll give the best performance for years.
High-end Professional: Vortex Optics Razor HD Gen II
- The Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x56 riflescope is feature rich and deadly accurate; perfect for advanced precision shooting and tactical operations. The glass-etched EBR-2C MRAD reticle has 11 illumination...
- Built for dialing in long-range, precision shots, the L-TEC Turret System features a locking mechanism that prevents accidental elevation adjustments. A visual rotation indicator allows shooters to...
- A 6x zoom range offers magnification versatility while the fast focus eyepiece adjusts the reticle into sharp focus. Side parallax adjustment and illumination controls have been integrated into one...
- The APO optical system delivers stunning image quality through premium, high density, extra-low dispersion glass. All lenses are fully multi-coated with XR plus anti-reflective coatings to increase...
- O-ring sealed and argon purged, the Razor delivers waterproof and fogproof performance while the single-piece, aircraft-grade aluminum construction gives shooters a durable platform. Armortek coatings...
Are you looking for a professional quality rifle scope? If you have a high budget for a high-end product, then you’ll get the best quality for sure. If you’re ready to spend $$$$ behind a scope, then we’ve something for you.
It is Vortex Optics Razor HD Gen II which is a top-notch long range professional scope. It’s one of the most expensive and best products in the market. As we said before about Vortex Optics, they provide the best within a reasonable price. At first, we also thought it’s just an overpriced fancy scope. After using it, we found how wrong we were.
We think you should also know about the features of it.
- It’s available in five options. However, we picked 4.5-27×56 one. It’s the most popular model. With all other models, you’ll only see the difference in magnification and objective lens power.
- It’s known as deadly accurate for its accuracy. The Razor HD is best for advanced accuracy shooting and strategic operations. The EBR -2C MRAD reticle ensures subtensions to stay accurate.
- As it is built for the long-range shot, the turret system of it has a mechanical locking feature which prevents all kind of accidental raise adjustments.
- It has a visual rotation indicator which helps the shooter to check the track of the uprisings on the turret easily.
- It has a 6x zoom range that provides magnification reflectiveness, and within the time, the fast focus eyepiece fixes the reticle for sharp focus.
- The Razor HD Gen 2 gives stunning image quality experience through its APO optical system. The lens glass is a premium and high-density with extra-low spreading glass. So, it’ll provide stunning light for incredible brightness.
- The body of it is waterproof and fog proof because it is o ring sealed and argon expelled. The Armortek coating of it protect the lenses.
Pros & Cons
If you have enough money to afford it, then get it. No matter if you’re a beginner or professional. It won’t disappoint you. Also, it’s a good investment because it’ll last you for a long time.
Pricey but long-lasting: NightForce SHV 5-20x 56mm
- NIGHTFORCE SHV 5-20x56 - The most powerful of our SHV series performs beautifully at both close and extended ranges on varmints, big game, and for making tight groups on paper
- SPECS - It features a full 80 MOA of elevation adjustment, side parallax adjustment and ZeroSet technology which allows a quick return to your initial zero setting, regardless of how many elevation...
- WHAT'S IN THE BOX - Rubber Lens Covers, Cleaning Fob/ Cleaning Cloth, Owners Manual, Other Tools (Loose Allen Keys, etc)
- RETICLES - SHV 5-20x56 Scope is available with Forceplex and MOAR - 20 MOA - Center Illumination. This Scope delivers outstanding clarity, crispness and color contrast at every magnification setting
- AVAILABLE MODELS - MOAR Center Only Illumination - C535; Forceplex Center Only Illumination (N. America) - C587; MOAR Non-Illuminated - C534; Forceplex Non-Illuminated (N. America) - C586
Are you looking for a rough and tough and a riflescope which is best for hunting? If all these go with you, then we have got a perfect solution for you.
It is NightForce’s SHV 5-20x 56mm which is one of the most durable long range scopes that definitely justifies the price range. NightForce is a popular brand. They’re mostly known for their high-quality scope. So, let’s see what it has to offer us!
- It’s a two-time award-winning product for its high-end quality and decent price.
- The eye relief of it offers you to keep your eye 3.15 to 3.54 inches away. It’s enough for keeping your eye safe.
- The scope is made with single 30mm aircraft grade aluminum tube, so it’s very durable.
- The NightForce SHV is waterproof and shockproof.
- It has ZERO SET feature which will set your scope back to zero after some elevation adjustment.
- The scope has a powerful and big objective lens of 56mm. So, you can see your target more closely because it shows your destination into superior brightness.
- It offers you awesome magnification power with parallax adjustment. So, you can set from 25 yards to infinity!
Pros & Cons
If you want to invest in a high-quality riflescope for once, then go for it. You won’t regret.
Things To Consider Before Getting A 1000 Yard Scope
You know, shooting is like an addiction. People get addicted to doing it. Honestly, even we’re addicted to it. In holidays, our friends and we love to do shooting for fun! We challenge each other for a thousand-yard shooting competition, and we fun it is. The main obsession starts when you start hitting the targets and fun and excitement begins!
Now, for target shooting, there are no alternatives to a scope. For such a low range shooting, you need to choose the perfect optics means the ideal extent. So, before buying a Best scope on a budget, obviously, there are some dos and don’ts you’ve to follow. Now those are:
When it comes to a scope, a lens is the most important thing. As it’s a long-range scope, it has to be sharp and clean. If the lens of the scope can’t produce a good and clear view, then it’s a no deal!
Expert says a 1000 yard scope has to have at least 10x magnification. If you are a pro or if you need more accuracy we recommend you to have a scope with 18x magnification.
Always try to get something that’s easy to adjust. Adjust it according to your need and also judge the wind condition. Don’t go for those kinds of scopes which are tough to adjust.
For better viewing, you need a scope lens that has a 50-56 mm objective lens. A 50-56mm objective lens can give you more lights so you’ll get a better view.
Reticle and Turret
We prefer a scope that has a Mil-Dot reticle system because it has the best adjustability. The reticle system of it will help the adjustment, and the turret is going to adjust.
If you badly need the best scope for your rifle, you’ve to consider all these points.
For shooting practice or for serious tactical operation, a scope is something that you’ll always need. That’s why we recommend you to save some bucks and invest in these 1000 yard scope on a budget which will last for a long time.
So, without wasting time and money, get your best riflescope from our recommendation and don’t forget to let us know how the article was! One more thing, if you have any queries, please ask below in the comment section.
Last update on 2022-05-28 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API.