When you’re out hunting, you don’t want to carry your arrows on your hands now, do you? To make life easier in such endeavours, our human ancestors came up with quivers and we’re still using them!
While in the past, quivers were pretty basic, nowadays that is not the case. There are different types of quivers, each having different features from different brands and different prices. In such a huge market, pinpointing exactly what product is the best on which category is kind of a hectic task.
To make things easier for you, we are bringing you the list of Best Quivers for Hunting that you can use in your daily life.
We chose the trophy ridge Lite 1 arrow quiver as the top choice because of a few things. The first is it’s build quality that we found to be pretty great overall, And the next great thing about it was the fact that it comes with mechanical broadheads.
The quivers have good retention because of which all the arrows are stored in a great fashion. In addition, this bow quiver also has a customizable-mounting bracket which will be an instant buy for many people.
- Three bright green LED lights on top of the hood
- Ballistix CoPolymer construction
- Braided hanging rope for bow or detached quiver
- Customizable mounting bracket fits the quiver higher or lower on the bow
- Dual arrow grippers for fixed or mechanical broadheads
If you’re not trying to put out the best materials then, why package it as a feature? That’s what the Trophy Ridge lite does wrong. The LEDs were not needed but its there but does it work? No! So, why even put it there?
Well, We found it to be a real marketing gimmick. Aside from that, the actual job that the quiver does is very good, there is complain here. Yeah, the hood is small but it’s completely usable.
- A Ballistix copolymer construction for great build quality
- Three bright green LEDs are provided that can light up when you need it
- Braided Hanging Ropes are kept there for bow or the detached quiver
- A customizable-mounting bracket will fit the quiver high or low on the bow
- There are two arrow grippers for fixed or mechanical broadheads
Pros & Cons
The build along with the warranty has no problem here. But one thing that does have a fair share of problems is that flimsy mounting bracket which we absolutely don’t like. Because of this, the arrows can slip and the whole purpose of the quiver comes into question.
On a positive note, it can hold 6 arrows and when it works fine, the quiver is quite usable. However, if you want to play it safe, maybe look for other alternatives.
- OVER A MILLION QUIVERS SOLD AND STILL COUNTING: Founded in 1957 by a WW II veteran pilot who created the bow-mounted quiver, we've been building trust through a tradition of quality, innovation and...
- MULTI-PURPOSE & USER FRIENDLY: Equipped to hold a large range of shaft diameters, the Kwikee Kompound 6 is 12" long and weighs just 8.7 oz while also featuring our famous quick-detach system. The...
- BUILT FOR DURABILITY IN ALL CLIMATES: Unlike other nylon made quivers that can become brittle and break, we use a shatterproof polymer construction to ensure that your quiver remains in tact and ready...
- WORRY-FREE ARROW SECURITY: Our proprietary Arctic II rubber gripper is designed to stay pliable in a wide range of temperatures and securely holds arrows, removing worry about slips so you can focus...
- BROADHEAD FRIENDLY BUILD: Our foam-free, rubber-lined head cover prevents dulling of blades so your arrows stay sharp and ready for use
- The quiver can be used in a multiple of ways, it is very comfortable to use and it weighs only 9 pounds. It can be detached with ease.
- The quiver is made with shatterproof polymer construction for added strength
- The quiver can handle hot temperatures and hold arrows without slips
- Since the quiver has a foam-free rubber lined head cover, the blades of the arrows won’t get blunt that easily.
- With the new ultra-lock bracket system, vibrations are minimum and the arrows don’t really lose their structural integrity.
- The product has a lifetime warranty. Since it is a product made in the USA, claiming the warranty is hasslefree as well.
Pros & Cons
The Trophy Ridge 5 spot Arrow quiver is one of the best quivers available. The thing that makes it a great quiver is the lightweight form factor and the affordable pricing options. The design of the quiver is impressive too, it is that one area which separates it from the bunch.
Speaking about the letdowns, we found the retaining portion of the quiver to be of a bit large shape. It can pose some difficulty to quite a few people but it’s not really a serious thing.
- Adjustable dual arrow grippers
- Soft-Touch hood eliminates noise
- Quick detach mounting bracket
- Hanging loop to easily hang on a tree
- Lightweight design
- An adjustable two arrow grippers are present in the quiver
- A self-touch hood design will keep the quiver quiet
- There is a quick detach mounting bracket present in the quiver
- A hanging loop is present here that can easily hang on a tree
- The design of the whole quiver is pretty lightweight as well
Pros & Cons
If weight is really a big problem for you then you shouldn’t go for this quiver. But if you don’t mind a bit more weight then, yes, you can get this quiver with your eyes closed. It comes with an impressive array of features, out of which, the NOVCOM noise dampening technology is the best one.
Other features include the design that makes it one of the best bows for hunting. If you are a serious hunter, you cannot go wrong with this Quiver.
- Five-arrow Quiver with innovative low profile and lightweight design, great for Bow hunting
- Grippers made from LimbSaver's proprietary vibration- and noise-dampening NOVCOM technology
- Universal design fits both fixed and expandable Broad heads, as well as wide spectrum of shaft sizes
- Quick disconnect System Operated by an easy-to-access thumb Release, positionable shaft gripper
- Durably built to be used outdoors in harsh environments
- The quiver can house 5 arrows, it comes with a low profile design with a lightweight build
- The quiver is meant for bow hunting
- NOVCOM Technology is implemented which reduces vibrations and noise on the Grippers
- The design is well thought out, there is an expandable Broad Heads and a really wide variety of shaft sizes
- A Quick disconnect system is also present which is operated by an easy to access thumb release shaft gripper
- The Quiver is durable enough to be used outdoors in harsh surroundings
Pros & Cons
If you do use fixed blade arrows then, please don’t waste your time reading this. Otherwise, You’re in the right place. This quiver is for anyone who wants to have a very lightweight quiver with themselves.
It features a sturdy build and a noise cancelling mechanism that works fine. It works fine with crossbows and most of the arrow type is supported by the quiver.
- Lightweight/compact design; Weighs less than 7 oz
- Quick-release cam-lock mounting system; Thumb-tab style gripper design allows quick and quiet arrow removal
- Contrasting color rubber hood liner reduces noise and won't dull broadheads
- Fits both left and right-handed bows
- Compatible with most crossbows
- The Quiver has a lightweight and compact design, the weight here is below 7 ounces.
- The mounting system is a quick lease one which leads to quicker arrow retrieval, added to that, the thumb-tab style gripper makes the whole mechanism pretty quiet.
- The Quiver has contrasting colour rubber hood that reduces significant noise. in addition, the quiver is meant for both right hand and left handed bows.
- Most crossbows are supported by the quiver, works best with compound bows.
Pros & Cons
While the missing loop here isn’t something that will affect many people, some people will get really triggered by it. If it doesn’t make a difference to you then you can surely go for it without any overthinking.
The features of the Apex Gear Reactor really outweigh the cons. Not only does it have good quiver space and great mounting, but it also supports arrow shafts of all sizes which makes it an instant sell.
- Five arrow quiver
- Quick and quiet arrow removal
- Features a height adjoined states table mounting bracket
- Fits all arrow shaft diameters
- The quiver can hold up to 5 arrows without any hassle
- The Arrow removal is pretty quick and very quiet here
- The Quiver has a height adjoined states table mounting bracket
- Every kind of arrow shaft diameters can be fit in this quiver
Pros & Cons
We chose G4Free Archery because of a few reasons. First is the arrow capacity which is 30, the second is that the quiver can hold an arrow of any length. In addition, there are pockets in the quiver which can be helpful for some.
Also, the quiver can be used with both hands and it is an ideal choice for both the left and right-hand use. It can also be used for shooting, hunting and also target practice.
- Made of Canvas, Very durable material, water resistant
- Size: length approx. 21.7inch. Three-points carry system. Lightweight and comfortable, it can hold about 30 arrows (other can hold 24 arrows only)
- Easy to carry and take off, Accommodates arrows of any length
- Large front storage pocket with quality zipper. It can hold your arm guard, arrows puller and other archery accesories
- Suitable for both Left and Right Hand. Perfect for shooting, hunting, target practice and so on. Package: 1pcs arrow quiver. Best Gifts for family
One of the only gripes that come with this quiver is that flimsy plastic chest strap. But we think, the price kind of justifies it. Still, it’s a letdown. Another minor drawback here is the rigidity of the quiver that we talked about earlier.
This just makes it a hard sell. On to the pros, the G4 Free archer is a really affordable quiver with the strong build quality and impressive design. It does most part of its job pretty decently, it can hold 30 arrows and the weight is light too. All of these make it an instant sell.
- The Quiver is made of Canvas which is a very durable material
- The length is approximately 21.7 inch and there is a 3 point carry system. The whole Quiver is pretty lightweight and comfortable. It can hold a massive 30 arrows.
- The quiver is easy to carry and take off. The quiver can also accommodate arrow of any length
- There are large pockets in the front of the quiver that consist of a really stable zipper. It can hold arm guard, arrow puller and other accessories with ease.
- The Quiver is suitable for both left and right-hand use. Great for shooting, hunting, target practice and so on.
Pros & Cons
Suitable for hunting, the aesthetics of the TOPARCHERY Shoulder back quiver does make up for a noticeable bad build. It isn’t that bad but you can notice it fall after a while. But considering the price, that kind of is expected we guess.
But yeah, this quiver does have it’s a fair share of pros and it can serve good for a lot of people. We really loved the fact that it can be used by both hands and the actual interior space is a big pro as well.
- Large Accessories Pocket Handmade Cow Leather
- High: 52 cm Style: Three-points Types: Back quiver Color: Brown
- Suitable for both Left & Right Hand.Suitable for riding and shooting, outdoor hunting and so on.
- The first layer: the outermost part of the quiver is made of genuine leather. The second layer: The second layer of the quiver is made of super- hard leather. The third layer: the innermost part of...
- Package: 1pcs arrow quiver
- There is a larger accessory pocket made out of cow leather.
- The height here is 52 cm and there are three points.
- The brown colour has a traditional vibe to it.
- The quiver can be used for both left and right hand
- It is suitable for riding, hunting as well as shooting,
- The outer layer of the quiver has leather build with the second layer made up of superhard leather. In addition, the inner part of the quiver has good space as well.
Pros & Cons
One of the things that is very impressive about this quiver is the space it has to put all your belongings. In addition, the build quality is genuine as well. There is no significant letdown but we did notice a slight difficulty in putting back the arrows.
As the quiver is designed to hold 24 arrows, finding the right space while putting the arrows back can be a bit tricky. Aside from that, we did not see any problem with this quiver.
- Black Field Quiver, Handy buckles
- Construct of Oxford cloth, 4-Tubes, durable and easy to carry. The diameter of tube is 29mm(1.15in), for Field tips Arrow.
- Durable and convenient to store your arrows. It can hold your takedown bow.
- Large carrying capacity, very cool and fashionable.
- NOTE: The diameter of tube is 29mm(1.15in), only for Field tips Arrow, NOT for broadheads.
- Total Black design and handy buckles, because of which the quiver is easy to carry
- The quiver is only meant for usage with the left hand, no right hand is supported.
- It has an Oxford Cloth construct with 4 tubes and it is durable as well. The diameter of the tube is 29 mm thick.
- A very durable storage area for the arrows
- Impressive carrying capacity and looks pretty great as well
- The design can also fit a takedown bow
Pros & Cons
A reasonably priced quiver with features that are very good. Aside from the annoying straps, the rest of the design works fine. It supports an ample number of arrows and costs pretty less as well. All of which makes it a really great choice for the archers.
- Archery Quiver Material: 600D oxford fabric, durable and comfortable; Weight only 0.96lbs/435g, lightweight when you moving
- Arrow Quiver Size: 23.2'' x 3.5''/59 x 9cm. more spaces for you to keep enough hunting arrows in the quiver
- Special Design: triangle strap belts design, each quiver straps are adjustable, perfect fit for most hunters
- Back archery quiver (avaible for left or right handed archers) or Waist archery quiver(this way only for right handed archers)
- Package: 1 x black hunting archery quiver
- The quiver has 3 different tubes with 2 pockets, the organization of the arrows is very impressive. The whole design is waterproof as well.
- The package includes a hunting quiver and an adjustable strap.
- There is a belt loop that can be adjusted quickly.
- The quiver is pretty well designed.
- It can support both young and adult archers.
Pros & Cons
Although the company behind Kratarac Archery claims reinforced design which is durable, that isn’t really a case here. One of the main problems that we have with this product is the build itself. Not really impressed with it.
The adjustable straps are pretty good and space is okay as well. But at this price point, it is better to consider some other products.
- Size: length approx. 21in, adjustable straps help fit most sizes
- High quality: reinforced polyester fabric with adjustable straps, firm and durable. More convenient and comfortable to carry
- Molle system design: It contributes to attaching more items what you need, such as tactical clips, tactical patches or a molle pouch
- Large storage pocket with quality zippers: It can hold your arm guard, arrows puller, bow string and other archery accesories
- Perfect for hunting, shooting and target practice. Package content: 1x quiver, 1x tactical patch
- The Kratarac Archery back has a length of 21 inches and it comes with an adjustable strap that will fit you fine and this also makes it convenient to carry.
- The polyester fabric is reinforced and the whole build is firm and durable.
- There is a Molle System Design that contributes to attaching more items to the build.
- There are large storage pockets here with quality zippers too.
- The quiver is perfect for occasions such as shooting, hunting and target practice.
- A quiver and a tactical patch is available with the purchase.
Pros & Cons
Imagine yourself hunting a dear and the dear gets away because the freaking zippers won’t stop clanking. Well, that’s what you’re going to face with this quiver. We know, it’s a bummer, right?
Apart from this small but major drawback, there aren’t any. This letdown is even more disappointing because of how great other aspects of this quiver are.
- The latest professional design: the combination of recurve bow case and quiver, fully functional and more convenient to use
- High-quality material: made of 600D oxford fabric with quality zippers, waterproof and durable
- Four demountable arrow tubes design. The diameter of each tube: about 1.2inch, only for the field points.
- 3-Point fixation, fit for both left and right hands
- Structure: A total of 2 pockets. 1 main storage zipped pocket in front, 1 recurve bow storage pocket, 4 arrow tubes to storage arrows
- Impressive design that can house a recurve bow and the arrows, this makes it a “multi-function” quiver that is easy to use
- You get high-grade material which is a 600D oxford fabric zippers, the quiver is waterproof as well and the material makes it pretty durable
- The quiver has 4 arrow tubes where you can place plenty of arrows and there are fixed points here as well.
- The quiver in total has 2 packers and 1 main storage zipped pocket, 1 recurve bow storage pocket and 4 arrow tubes that stores the arrows.
Pros & Cons
We chose the Easton Flipside 4 tube because it is an ambidextrous quiver that comes with a clean design. While the design itself is a bit vague to judge, we can say that everyone will like the simplicity of it.
In addition, the quiver can hold your arrows with ease and it also comes with an integrated bow square slot which is a huge bonus. All of these features make it one of the best hip quiver that you can get for the money.
- Reversible hook and loop pocket for ambidextrous use
- Includes arrow separator tubes, integrated bow square slot and one size fits most quiver belt
- Color is Black
Not everyone looks for build and value, a lot of people also judge a product based on the design and a lot of people will find the black colour scheme not really eye-catching.
There was a divide in our own group as some of us found the colour pretty solid while others disagreed. Apart from this design choice, other aspects of the Easton Flipside 4 is actually pretty great.
- A reversible hook and loop pocket is available on the quiver which makes it perfect for both right and left-hand use.
- The Easton Flipside 4 tube has an arrow separator tube with integrated bow square slot that fits most of the quiver belt.
- A very dark black design is also provided
- The quiver fits all sorts of range finders and tools. It also holds the actual arrows pretty well too.
Pros & Cons
If you use a crossbow then, this quiver will be difficult for you. You’ve got to wear the quiver on your side because you won’t be able to reach them on your back.
Aside from this minor inconvenience and if you’re not using a crossbow then, there are not many problems that you will face with this quiver.
- Three 17" Tubes
- Reinforced Nylon bodu
- Large Zippered Pockets
- Compact Binoculars Pocket
- Adjustable Waist Strap
- Three 17″ Tubes are available where you can store your arrows.
- A Reinforced Nylon body is also available here.
- There are large zippered pockets in the quiver.
- A compact binocular pocket is also present.
- Adjustable Waist straps are available too.
Pros & Cons
There are not many quivers that contain the 900D Oxford cloth construction, the one on this quiver is pretty good. We also like the fact that it can support 46 inches of the waist. The actual arrow holding room is also quite nice here.
The only significant letdown is the tubes that are not fastened into the quiver. Also, We’d have appreciated a large pocket. That being said, the XTACER 3 tube quiver can be a perfect quiver if you overlook the minor cons.
- Three 17" Tubes, Large Zippered Pockets, Small Pocket, Handy buckles and belt, easy to carry on waist.
- Construct of 900D Oxford cloth, durable and easy to carry.
- Durable and convenient to store your arrows
- Large carrying capacity, very cool and fashionable.
- Fit up to 41" waist.
- There are three 17″ Tubes and large pockets with zippers. In addition, a small pocket is there with handy buckles and belts.
- The quiver is very easy to carry on the waist.
- It has 900D Oxford cloth construction which is durable.
- It is pretty convenient to store all your arrows in this quiver.
- There is a large carrying capacity and it is very cool and fashionable.
- The Quiver can fit up to 46 inches of the waist.
Pros & Cons
Quivers For Hunting: Different Types
Based on the style of usage and features involved, there are 3 types of quivers. They are explained below.
A bow quiver is a rather modern invention. It can be attached directly to the limb of the bow. It holds the arrows steady using a clip. Generally, compound bow hunters make use of bow quivers as they have small form factor so, they are easier to carry.
The quivers are attached to the archer’s back via leather straps. The nock end of the arrows is faced upwards so that the archer can take it out when needed. In such quivers, the arrows can be drawn in a rapid fashion and they were commonly used in medieval times.
Ancient America and Medieval Europe made use of such arrows.
Bow quivers are generally used with compound bows and sometimes, recurve bows. One of the best things about a bow quiver is that the bow is close to the arrows and hence, within reach. Retrieval is very smooth and these quivers can be used for professional hunting.
The reason being that they are silent and easy. Cool, right? But what is the drawback? Well, bow quivers can hold a total of 5 to 6 arrows only. They are also significantly heavier than other quivers so, new hunters usually don’t go for these.
Generally made out of leather, back quivers, as the name suggests, rests on your back. The straps go around your chest and the quiver at your back. You can either reach up and back or downwards to retrieve the arrow.
The arrow removal generally depends on the model of the quiver. One of the main advantages of these kinds of quivers is that they are readily available at affordable price segments, they are pretty easy to use and portable.
The main disadvantage is arrow retrieval/removal. You have to input a good amount of movement for it. The straps can also be a bit uncomfortable initially.
Hip Quivers are very famous and there are one or two reasons behind that. The quivers have pockets that help them carry gears. There is an arrow pocket that can be placed in your back pocket and they are great for shooting or roving in the backyard.
Hip quivers are also known as belt quivers because they can be worn on your hip in the form of a belt. They are the smallest and lightest quivers. They are ultra portable and it attaches to your hip. There are hook or belt mechanism.
You can hook the quiver directly to your pants or wear it as a belt format. The advantage, obviously, is less weight and mobility. The disadvantage being the size if it has a belt mechanism. Consider your hip is 48 inches then, a 46-inch quiver won’t fit you!
That can be annoying as hell. So, consider the measurements before buying a hip quiver. Another equally difficult thing is moving with a hip quiver. Many people find it too tasking and just don’t go for hip quivers at all.
How to Choose the Best Quivers?
Choosing the best quiver isn’t really an art but it does boild down to some good decision making. Don’t worry though, you don’t have to brainstorm and perform a SWOT analysis for it! There are some factors though, that you need to know before buying a quiver.
Type: You should know what kind of bow/arrow you have first. Then, choose the appropriate kind of quiver that you want. Finally, try to find the product inside your chosen quiver type that can hold your arrows. Simple, yet elegant solution!
Physical Factors: While choosing a quiver, mind these things; the weight, the length/width, the size (if it is a hip quiver) of the quiver. Also, How many arrows can the quiver hold? Do you get anything extra like a pocket, perhaps?
Is the quiver’s interior firm? All of these physical features of the quiver need to be considered before buying one.
Build Quality: We all know how important build quality is. The material of construction, the actual rigidity of the product. Knowing whether the product is waterproof or not, all of it matters in a big way while buying a quiver.
Price: The final thing to consider is the price of the quiver. Compare different products in your chosen quiver type and choose one that best fits your pocket and your needs!
Q. What kind of quiver should you choose?
Ans. Depends on your preference, your needs and also, the kind of bow you have.
Q. Do you need a quiver that holds a large number of arrows?
Ans. Definitely, You should go with a quiver that can hold a lot of arrows if you’re a newbie and don’t have much confidence on your shot. If you are a very good archer, 6-7 arrows will be enough for you!
Q. Do hip quivers have pockets?
Ans. No, not all of them have pockets, some do have them. You should get the one with pockets if that is crucial to you.
Q. Aren’t bow quivers and back quivers similar?
Ans. Well, not really. Bow Quivers are kind of attached to the bows and are used for compound bows while back quivers are traditional and need to be carried on the back.
That’s about it for the quivers! We have tested all the products in this review and our opinions about them is honest. If you don’t have much time to browse through all the online reviews to choose the best quiver, then you can’t just select the quivers that we’ve handpicked.
If that isn’t what you’re looking for, feel free to check out the other products in our review. Most importantly, view our buying guide and FAQs and then, make an informed decision.
Last update on 2020-04-03 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API.