When you keep using your guns for a long time, they get dirty and dirt and debris will be present in their structure. To use your guns the next time, you’ve to clean your guns along with their interior structure. It is very difficult to clean the guns and all of its interior and exterior parts. The entire process involves opening the parts of the guns and cleaning them one by one. It can be a tedious task for you and can waste a lot of time. You can perform this difficult task with ease by using the best ultrasonic cleaner for guns.
Gun cleaning isn’t just a piece of cake in a manual way. If you ask professional gun owners about the way they clean their guns, you’ll get to hear that they clean their guns easily and quickly. Why and how? You might want to ask this question as well. This is the moment where you’ll be introduced about ultrasonic cleaners.
With an ultrasonic cleaner, you can clean your guns easily in very less time. Your gun cleaning period doesn’t become irritating while using an ultrasonic cleaner since it performs the entire task automatically. It creates sound waves of very high frequency and helps in cleaning every small part of your gun without any difficulties. Choosing the best ultrasonic cleaner can also be a tedious task. This is the reason why we decided to present this guide where we will be providing you the reviews of some of the best ultrasonic cleaners.
Best Ultrasonic Cleaner for Guns
To help you choose the best ultrasonic cleaner for your guns, we enlisted several high-quality ultrasonic cleaners manufactured by popular and trusted companies and started our research over the features of every product. While we were performing our research, we came over these above mentioned 6 different ultrasonic cleaners for guns which had totally unique and exceptional features in comparison to the other products on which we performed our research. Therefore, we decided to create this guide with the individual reviews of each of the 6 best ultrasonic cleaners along with their comparison chart.
- MULTIPLE USES including cases, eyeglasses, coins and jewelry
- 80-Watt CERAMIC HEATER enhances cleaning action
- LARGE 2-LITER STAINLESS STEEL TANK holds up to three-hundred 223 cases or one-hundred and fifty 308 cases
- A 5-30 MINUTE TIMER allows you to choose the appropriate cycle for your application
- MICROJET ACTION removes carbon residue and other debris from internal and external surfaces
The Hornady 043320 Lock-N-Load Sonic Cleaner 2L is an outstanding ultrasonic cleaner manufactured by Hornady. The cleaner features an average tank size of 2 liters which is compatible with several firearms. It runs with 110V voltage and features the tank dimension of 7.25″ x 6″ x 3″. This amazing cleaner includes a ceramic heater which runs with 80-watt power for cleaning heavy grimes in your firearm. The tank is made up of stainless steel which is highly durable and resists any sort of disturbances due to the contact with chemicals.
- The cleaner allows you to utilize its micro-jet action and one-shot cleaning solution for cleaning carbon residues in your firearm.
- It is able to clean both interior and exterior parts of brass.
- This ultrasonic cleaner features a 5-30 minutes timer.
- It features a digital control pad which allows you to adjust the functions efficiently.
Pros & Cons
If you are looking for a smaller ultrasonic cleaner which can clean your firearm efficiently in both its interior and exterior parts, it is good to look for the Hornady 043320 Lock-N-Load Sonic Cleaner 2L. With this cleaner, you can expect to hold up to three hundred .223 cases as well as one hundred fifty .308 cases. This ultrasonic cleaner is easy to use and adjust which makes it stand out at the top among its competitors.
- CLEANS INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL SURFACES of cartridge cases and primer pockets
- INCLUDES ONE INNER TANK for cleaning multiple smaller batches or to use separate solutions at the same time
- HANGING CORDS allow large objects to take full advantage of the ultrasonic energy
- 5 TEMPERATURE SETTINGS from 100-140°F
- 5 TEMPERATURE SETTINGS from 100-140°F
The Hornady 043310 Lock-N-Load Hot Tub is a wonderful hot tub ultrasonic cleaner that offers an extremely large capacity of 9 liters. With its large capacity, you can expect to clean most of your firearms without consuming a lot of time. The 9-liter tank has the dimension of 25.5″ x 7.0″ x 4″. It also features an interior divider tank which can hold up to a capacity of 1.6 liters. The interior tank is optional, but if you get it, you can have more tank dimension of 6.7″ x 4.7″ x 3.2″.
- This cleaner offers five different temperature settings for cleaning.
- It can hold a total of 10.6 liters capacity including the major tank and the interior divider tank.
- The major tank of this cleaner can easily clean a 16 inches long AR-15 upper.
- The cleaner consists of a case dryer which offers an awesome water drainage system to take out all the water from it after it has finished cleaning your firearm.
Pros & Cons
If you are looking for a huge ultrasonic cleaner which can easily accommodate your AR-15 upper and clean all the contaminants in it quickly, it is highly recommended to look for this another product from Hornady, the Hornady 043310 Lock-N-Load Hot Tub. It may not be affordable for you, but if you get it just for once, you will be able to use it for many years to come without facing any issues. With the additional tank available with it, you can clean most of the firearms used for different purposes.
- Package length: 34.29 cm
- Package width: 25.4 cm
- Package height: 22.606 cm
- Product Type: SPORTING GOODS
The Lyman Turbo Sonic Case Cleaner is another amazing ultrasonic cleaner which can compete with the high-end features available in Hornady’s cleaners reviewed above. This cleaner features totally different construction material since its basket is made up of plastic. It can hold up to 2.5 liters capacity of firearms which is suitable with most of the average size guns and firearms. The cleaner operates with 115 Volt. The tank included in this superior ultrasonic cleaner is available in the dimension of 9.84″ x 5.9″ x 3.15″.
- This ultrasonic cleaner is able to clean both the interior and exterior part of cases efficiently.
- It can remove all the contaminants from nine hundred cases of 9mm within 15 minutes.
- The cleaner weighs just around 6.5 pounds.
- It features a heated tank along with basket designed with plastic for extreme performance.
Pros & Cons
The Lyman Turbo Sonic Case Cleaner can be a great choice if you are looking for an ultrasonic cleaner which offers superior performance while cleaning firearms along with the ability to clean even the smaller corners effectively. This cleaner might take a longer time for cleaning, but you can expect to have no residue left on your firearm when the cleaning is completed. The inclusion of an awesome LED display on the cleaner also allows you to analyze the statistics quickly.
- Professional Quality Build – Large 800ml / 27oz stainless steel tank, built-in cooling fan, touch controls, and water proofed internal electronics are designed with long term continuous use in mind....
- Professional Quality Results – Dual ultrasonic transducers double the cleaning power and gently lift dirt and grime away without scrubbing or using harsh chemicals. Use just water or add a small...
- Easy To Use – Removable, non-hinged lid and detachable power cord makes it easy to clean and fill. Select from 5 preset settings (90-180-300-480-600 seconds) and it will countdown the time on the...
- Multiple Uses - Safely cleans a wide variety of products such as jewelry, gold, platinum, diamonds, rings, watches, eyeglasses, sunglasses, tools, toothbrushes, dentures, mouth guards, cosmetic...
- Support - InvisiClean is a US company with customer support in the USA.
The InvisiClean Pro Elite Ultrasonic Cleaner is a high-frequency ultrasonic cleaner which can create a very high frequency of ultrasonic sound waves for cleaning. The cleaner features a smaller tank with the capacity of 0.8 liters which is able to clean several smaller firearms. One special feature about this cleaner is that the dual transducers included in it can multiply the cleaning power by two times. The cleaner is able to clean not only the smaller firearms but also several smaller items such as jewelry, watches, lenses, coins, tools, brushes, etc. This ultrasonic cleaner also consists of a cooling fan.
- This ultrasonic cleaner is available in the dimensions of 8.7″ x 5.4″ x 5.6 along with the internal tank of 7.1″ x 3.4″ x 2.3″ dimensions.
- The tank included in this ultrasonic cleaner is made up of stainless steel.
- It also offers a basket along with a watch holder.
- The cleaner requires just 55 Watt power for operation.
Pros & Cons
If you are looking for a smaller ultrasonic cleaner which offers superior performance without consuming much time and power, it is highly recommended for you to go for the InvisiClean Pro Elite Ultrasonic Cleaner. The lighter weight and compact size of the cleaner allow you to carry the cleaner to several places along with you without any issues. This cleaner is available at a reasonable price tag along with a 1-year warranty period.
- 4 strengthened transducers make the ultrasonic more powerful (42 KHz and 240 Watts ultrasonic cleaning power) and provides remarkable cleaning results. It can remove accumulated oils, dirt and grime...
- Large tank - Suitable for long dental equipment and tube, helps you clean more stuffs at once. Tank Size: 11.8" (L) x 9.5" (W) x 6.0" (H). Tank working Capacity: 9 Liter (2.38 gallon) (maximum tank...
- Heater - Powerful heater (300 watts) makes the temperature reach the presetting one quickly, significantly enhances cleaning for oil and wax.. Digital temperature control with temperature ranging from...
- ALL STAINLESS Construction (body, tank, cover and mesh basket) -- Anti-Acid and Alkaline, resists damage from chemical spills.
- Drains with flow control valve for easy cleaning and rinsing. Digital program cleaning cycles ranging from 1 to 99 minutes--easy to operate.
The Kendal Commercial Grade 9 Liters 540 Watts Heated Ultrasonic Cleaner is another high-end ultrasonic cleaner which is able to hold up to 9 liter capacity of firearms for cleaning. This huge cleaner can easily clean large firearms similar to the AR-15 style rifles. The entire structure of the cleaner is made up of stainless steel which is resistant to acid as well as alkaline. The cleaner features a tank of 11.8″ x 9.5″ x 6.0″ dimensions. With the inclusion of four ultrasonic transducers, this cleaner is certainly a very powerful gun cleaning product.
- This cleaner offers digital program cleaning cycles which range from 1 minute to 99 minutes.
- The cleaner features a digital display for the clear display of real-time statistics of the activity.
- A heater with digital temperature control feature is included in this ultrasonic cleaner which consumes 300 Watt power.
- The temperature of the cleaner ranges from 20 degrees to 80 degrees in Celsius scale.
Pros & Cons
If you are thinking about getting a high-quality ultrasonic cleaner with huge cleaning capacity, it is a good idea to go for the Kendal Commercial Grade Heated Ultrasonic Cleaner of 9 Liters and 540 Watts. The larger size of the tank along with the creation of high-frequency sound waves, you can clean not only the major firearms but also several devices used for medical and dental service. The easier cleaning and rinsing feature of the cleaner is made possible with its ability to drain the water with the help of a flow control valve.
- Commercial Ultrasonic Cleaner, 2.6Qt/2.5L, heater, degas function, plastic basket
- Touch sensing solid control panel
- 35,000 Hz, 160W, 110V, power switch
- Polished stainless steel tank, tank size 9.6" x 5.9" x 3"
- 1-30 minute full range timer
The iSonic P4821 Commercial Ultrasonic Cleaner is another average size ultrasonic cleaner which offers the capacity of 2.5 liters. The cleaner features a well-polished stainless steel tank of 9.6″ x 5.9″ x 3″ dimensions along with heater and basket made up of plastic. The heating element in the cleaner is also made up of high-quality steel. It operates with a voltage of 110 Volt and requires 100 Watt power for operation. A wire mesh basket is also available as an additional product with the ultrasonic cleaner which is also made up of stainless steel.
- The cleaner features a full-range timer ranging from 1 to 30 minutes.
- This ultrasonic cleaner creates high-frequency sound waves of 35,000 Hertz.
- It also includes a cooling fan along with an overheat protector which help the cleaner for performing the cleaning activity for a longer period of time and prevent from overuse of the cleaner respectively.
- This cleaner operates with a default temperature of 60 degrees in Celsius scale.
Pros & Cons
The iSonic P4821 Commercial Ultrasonic Cleaner can be a great choice for everyone who is looking for an ultrasonic cleaner with a high frequency of sound waves for cleaning smaller objects and average cleaning tank size for general firearms. The cleaner also features a convenient power switch along with a detachable power cord and operates independently. The inclusion of high-end ultrasonic stack transducer in this cleaner makes it one of the strongest and durable cleaners for guns.
Must Read: How To Use Ultrasonic Cleaner
What is Ultrasonic Cleaner?
An ultrasonic cleaner is a device which uses ultrasound of very high frequency along with a suitable cleaning solvent for cleaning different objects. The cleaning solvent can be in the form of ordinary tap water, oil or any other suitable enhancing agent. An ultrasonic cleaner removes the dirt, debris and other contaminants present in the objects easily in very less time.
The objects to be cleaned are placed inside a tank containing the cleaning solvent and the ultrasonic cleaner starts creating non-audible high-frequency sound waves to create a gentle cleaning action over the immersed objects. During the process, all the contaminants are removed from every part of the objects where the cleaning solvent is available.
An ultrasonic cleaner can be used for cleaning several items such as jewelry, watches, ornaments, coins, golf clubs, fly fishing reels, firearms, guns, fuel injectors, electronic devices, tools, dental and surgical equipment, and lenses. It is usually used by professional gun owners as well as in different jewelry and electronic repair workshops.
Advantages of Ultrasonic Cleaner
Having an ultrasonic cleaner is highly beneficial. It can clean the objects easily without consuming much time. Here are some of the major advantages of having an ultrasonic cleaner:
- An ultrasonic cleaner can remove the contaminants from pipes and heat exchangers used in industrial scale.
- It can be used for cleaning objects without any sterilization so as to prevent any sort of spores to be present when the cleaning is finished.
- Having an ultrasonic cleaner can help in cleaning guns and gun parts, vehicle parts, printing machines, medical and pharmaceutical instruments and devices, engineering devices and equipment, electroplating instruments, etc.
- An ultrasonic cleaner can remove dirt and debris from most of the non-absorbent materials made up of glass, aluminum, ceramic and plastic.
How to Buy The Best Ultrasonic Cleaner for Guns
While buying an ultrasonic cleaner to clean your guns and firearms, you need to know about several features included in the cleaner. You might have found out about the features to look for while choosing the suitable ultrasonic cleaner for your guns with the help of our individual reviews of the 6 best ultrasonic cleaners. To help you buy the best product, we are also providing this additional buyer’s guide to buying an ultrasonic cleaner for guns.
Cleaner Tank Size
The tank size of an ultrasonic cleaner is really an essential factor to look for while buying the best product. You can find ultrasonic cleaners with different size of tanks suitable for cleaning guns, long barrels, brasses, jewelry, frames, receivers, and other objects.
While choosing the perfect tank size of an ultrasonic cleaner, you need to look for the one which is suitable for the type of your gun and the size of your firearm. If you are thinking about cleaning brasses, it is good to prefer a small-tank ultrasonic cleaner. For larger firearms like AR-15, you need to look for a larger one.
Ultrasonic cleaners don’t exist without frequency. Frequency is the most essential factor that determines how well the cleaner will perform. It is used for the creation of sound waves while cleaning. Usually, you can find ultrasonic cleaners having the sound wave frequency from around 20,000 to 950,000 Hertz. If you go for the one with higher frequency, you will have a well-balanced power allocation as well as a smaller size of cavitation bubbles which is a good factor. The size of cavitation bubbles decreases with the increment of frequency.
It is the best idea to look for guns with the frequencies between 30,000 and 45,000 Hertz since you don’t require a lot of small cavitation bubbles. If you will be cleaning tiny objects like jewelry, you might want to prefer a larger frequency level. But, for guns and firearms, it is recommended to stick with the one below 45,000 Hertz.
The heater isn’t really necessary in an ultrasonic cleaner to clean the dirt. But, with an ultrasonic cleaner, you can clean dirt, debris, and contaminants only. What about the carbon residues and lubricants present in the surface of the gun? To make your gun free of these residues, you will require a heater along with your ultrasonic cleaner. You may not be able to find every cleaner with a heater in it, but some of them include a heater as well.
Getting a heater-included ultrasonic cleaner for gun cleaning purpose is highly recommended to clean guns in very less time. You might want to use water for cleaning, but cleaning the residues require warm water at a higher temperature and boiling the water every time for cleaning the guns can be a boring task. This is why it is always recommended to look for an ultrasonic cleaner which consists of a heater along with it. You need to look for the heater built with high-quality materials since there are several non-durable heaters available in the market.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How to clean a gun without an ultrasonic cleaner?
Answer: If you are willing to clean your gun without any ultrasonic cleaners, you’ve to go through several difficult steps manually. The steps involve unloading the gun, disassembling the parts of your gun, cleaning the interior barrel and thoroughly cleaning the entire parts of the gun along with the lubrication of the barrel and finally re-assembling the gun.
Q. What sort of cleaning solvent do I need to prefer?
Answer: You can find several types of solvent for cleaning your firearm using an ultrasonic cleaner. If you are looking for a cleaning solvent for brass, it is good to purchase solvents with lower pH values. If there are larger size of grimes and residues on the surface of your firearm, looking for enzyme-based solvents can be the best idea.
Q. What exactly is a timer in an ultrasonic cleaner?
Answer: We haven’t mentioned about time requirements in the buyer’s guide. The reason behind this is that it really depends upon the type of firearm and the number of dirt particles present in your firearm. Since the ultrasonic cleaning process is very fast, it’s not necessary to keep your firearm inside the cleaner for the entire time. With the help of a timer in an ultrasonic cleaner, you will be able to set the number of cleaning cycles for your firearm.
Q. Which manufacturer’s ultrasonic cleaner should I go for?
Answer: If you are thinking about getting an ultrasonic cleaner from a trusted, reliable and popular company which manufactures its products with high-quality materials, it is good to look for an ultrasonic cleaner from manufacturers like Hornady, Lyman, iSonic, InvisiClean, Kendal, etc.
Now that we have completed our guide on buying the best ultrasonic cleaner for guns, it’s time for you to browse through the features of several ultrasonic cleaners available in the market and choose the best one meeting your requirements. Choosing an ultrasonic cleaner really depends upon the size of your guns and firearms that you will be using in the cleaner. You can also look for other special features as mentioned in our buyer’s guide above while selecting the best cleaner for guns.
If you still have any issues regarding the overall buyer’s guide and the individual reviews of each ultrasonic cleaner, you can feel free to write down to us. You can also ask for suggestions from us mentioning your requirements in the comments. We’d try to respond back to you right away.
Last update on 2021-10-19 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API.