You may not know, but Precision Shooting Equipment is the largest manufacturer of compound bows, target bows, and traditional recurve bows in the world.
The company focus on creating bows fitted with cutting-edge bow technology, which are engineered to be some of the fastest most affordable high-performance compound hunting bows in the world, which are all made in the United States.
With this in mind, it’s time to introduce the focus of this article, the Precision Shooting Equipment Stinger X #70. The Precision Shooting Equipment Stinger X #70 (PSE Stinger X) possesses all the traits a good hunting bow should; it’s packed with speed, consistency, and accuracy when you shoot a bow.
In this article, we’ll take a look at what the bow has to offer and who it’s suitable for. Let’s jump right in.
PSE Stinger X Review
The Precision Shooting Equipment Stinger X #70 weighs 3.5 pounds and comes with a brace weight of 7.125 inches. You can choose between two colors, black or a mossy oak break-up country tone. The bow has an IBO speed rating of 316 feet per second (FPS). The bow has an Axle to Axle length of 32.5 Inches and a single cam type.
With the bow weighing just 3.5 pounds, it’s very lightweight to pick up, which makes the bow suitable for a beginner or if you’re teaching a young person how to shoot a bow for the first time.
PSE Stinger X Specs: The Sight
The bow comes with a Gemini 3 pin sight, which is fine to use and has clearly visible horizontal and vertical adjustment marks so you can adjust the sight if you so desire.
The pins are a little large, this isn’t too noticeable if you’re firing the bow at short distances but can become apparent when you’re shooting at longer distances, and the sight 3 pin sight can cover a little bit too much of the target.
The pin sight is tied into the strings with three connection points, which means the site won’t rotate, and the three connection points mean the sight is securely fitted to the bow.
Draw Length and Accessories
Adjusting the draw length on the bow is also nice and easy to do, all you need to do is loosen the hex bolt on the cam and rotating the desired cam to the desired hole and tightening again. You also have six inches of draw length adjustments so that you can adjust the draw length of your bow to your liking.
Another feature we liked on the Precision Shooting Equipment Stinger X #70 is that the arrow rest is conveniently located in a good position on the bow. With a lot of bows, you have to readjust arrow rest, so it’s in a place of comfort. Not having to do this means you can use the bow straight away when you buy it instead of having to make a lot of adjustments.
As there aren’t many too adjustments you need to make with this bow, it’s perfect for the beginner bowman or the seasoned archer. The bow can be used for hunting or recreationally.
The 316 feet per second (FPS) makes the bow perfect for hunting all types of game, so if you’re considering The Precision Shooting Equipment Stinger X #70 for hunting, then it’s the perfect bow.
Along with the bow itself, you can pick up the ‘’Ready to shoot package’’, which comes with a full suite of useful accessories to accompany the bow. The package comes with the Gemini 3 Pin sight, Whisker biscuit rest, flex tech 3 stabilizer, six arrow hunters quiver, peep wheel, and a nock loop.
If you’re a beginner archer, but you’ve considering the bow, then it’s worthwhile purchasing it with these accessories, so you’re in a good position to hit the ground running after you’ve purchased the bow.
Pros and Cons of the PSE Stinger X
Alternative Bows To Consider
If you’re considering some alternatives to the PSE Stinger X then we’ve got you covered. Here are three other bows to consider.
The Diamond Archery Infinite Edge Pro is packed full of features that make it one of the flexible compound bows on the market today. It’s a bow that’s suitable for beginner and intermediate archers alike. The bow has a similar FPS rate as the PSE Stinger X coming in at 310 FPS, meaning it’s ideal for taking down most types of game.
- Wide draw length range between 13 and 31 inches
- Accelerates arrows to up to 310 ft/sec
- Redesigned cam system for a flawlessly smooth draw
- Integral stabilizer creates a perfect balance and a steadier shot
- Draw weight adjustable from 5 to 70 lbs of force
The bow has a draw weight that is adjustable from 5 to 70 lbs, which makes the bow suitable for the whole family to enjoy. You can pick from three colors when you order the bow, so there’s a style available to match different tastes.
- The Diamond Archery Infinite Edge Pro is easy to use just like the PSE Stinger X
- Both bows are suitable for target shooting and for hunting game.
- The bow is a multi-use bow so it’s safe for children to use.
The Bear Cruzer G2 is a flexible and versatile bow suitable for all ages and all skill levels. With the bow weighing just 3 pounds, it’s lightweight, and with a shooting speed of 315 FPS, it’s a bow that can be used for hunting game as well as target shooting.
With an adjustable draw weight ranging from 5 to 70 lbs, the bow is suitable if you’re a beginner, and you can use it as your skills progress.
- The Bear Cruzer G2 is lightweight and easy to use.
- EnduraFiber limbs mean the Bear Cruzer 2 is durable and will last a long time should the bow be taken care of.
The Raptor Compound Hunting Bow comes with a draw weight range between 30-70 lbs. The bow is lightweight, weighing 3.6 pounds, and has a shooting speed of 315 FPS, which like the other bows mentioned, makes it suitable for target shooting and game hunting. It’s also a compound bow, meaning if you pull 70 lbs, you’ll only have to hold 17.5 pounds!
- PERFECT PLATFORM – Whether you’re a hunter, bowfishing enthusiast, or into target shooting… this incredibly unique bow offers the versatility for any enthusiast from adult, youth, and even...
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE – With an axle to axle length of 30” and weighing in at only 3.6lbs, the draw length ranges from 24.5”-31” and the draw weight can be adjusted from 30lbs-70lbs without needing...
- HIGH QUALITY MACHINING – Both the cams and modules are fully machined aluminum with zero plastic. Compound design allows for 75% let-off and features a split yoke tuning system providing precise...
- COMPLETE BOW PACKAGE - Includes 5 pin fiber optic sight with light and level, TRUGLO EZ brush rest, stabilizer, 4 arrow quiver, string stop, allen wrench, 2’ paper target, and pre-installed Peep...
- LIFETIME WARRANTY – Every Predator Archery bow comes with an industry leading warranty program that covers any manufacture defect that compromises the integrity of the bow. Be sure to register your...
You can also adjust the size of the bow without a bow press, which makes it suitable for children as well. The great thing with the Raptor as well as the other bows reviewed is that they are multi-purpose, lightweight, and easy to use.
- The Raptor is a compound bow so the weight you hold will be assisted.
- A lightweight bow of 3.6 lbs.
- Axle length of 30’’
- Bow comes with a 5 pin sight.
Is The PSE Stinger X The Right Bow For You?
As you can see from the features that The Precision Shooting Equipment Stinger X #70 , it’s a great bow no matter what stage you’re at in your archery career. The bow is also suitable whether your more a target archer or a hunter.
The bow is lightweight, has a considerable FPS, and comes fully assembled and ready to use. For a complete package, you may want to consider picking up the ‘’Ready to shoot package’’ as it comes with a considerable amount of accessories to really complete the experience.
Last update on 2020-08-03 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API.