Archery and bowhunting are two of the most popular games of medieval times. Despite so many years, the craze for both these sports are still high among the people. The number of Americans participating in archery increased from 18.9 million in 2012 to 21.6 million in 2016. This clearly shows the interest of people in these games. In order to become an experienced bowhunter or archer, you need to have the right tools including a crossbow, broadheads, single pin bow sights, and crossbow scope. However, in this particular article, we are going to focus on broadheads and what should be used to screw on broadheads.
Some of The Top Crossbow Broadheads For You
What Should Be Used To Screw On Broadheads?
Before you can start with your archery or bowhunting practice, you need to screw on broadheads in order to get started. This is one of the main things that every archer or bowhunter needs to pay attention to. After all, you wouldn’t want your broadhead to come off in the middle of the practice.
There are actually more than one ways to attach your broadhead to your shaft. However, each of the ways has its own pros and cons. You need to weigh both the pros and cons in order to arrive at a decision.
If you are new to the sport, chances are that you don’t have a concrete idea about what to use to screw on broadheads. To help you out, we have listed the various things you can try. You can find the details of the same in the next section. Screwing crossbow broadheads can be done using the following:
- Gluing: Using hot glue and cold glue
- Tying using nylon ropes or a ring
Ways To Properly Attach A Broadhead
When it comes to attaching the broadhead to your shaft, there are several things that you can try. In this section, we will talk about the different techniques that you can use.
Riveting-in is considered to be one of the most effective ways of securing the broadhead firmly. In order to fix the broadhead to the shaft, you need to use a special screw along with an arrowhead wrench. The manufacturer usually provides the screwing-in instructions. All you need to do is follow the given instructions carefully.
Another effective you can try is gluing your broadhead. You can use both cold and hot glue for the task. However, you should know that both hot and cold glue has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Hot glue is probably one of the most effective ways you can try to attach your broadhead to the shaft. Most of the archers and bowhunters prefer this method because of the benefits it has to offer. For example, you can easily remove the hot glue by just heating it. Not just that, but hot glue also works best for fixed broadheads.
Using hot glue is actually a traditional method but nonetheless, it is very effective. But you need to be very careful while heating to remove the glue as it may damage your broadhead. Also, some of the broadheads come with ceramic coating and therefore, you need to be very careful so that you don’t damage the finishing. We recommend you to use an alcohol burner instead of using a torch. In comparison to an alcohol burner, a torch produces more heat which may damage the tip of the broadhead.
You can make use of a commercial superglue or adhesive in order to get your work down. The process of applying cold glue is the same as that of the hot glue. The only difference is that the cold glue solidifies itself right after setting in. It is because of this reason that it is considered to be an ideal choice for people who participates in competitions and tournaments. However, you should know that its cold glue does take some time to set in. if there is a manual guide provided with the glue, you can go through it in order to find out the details.
Now that you know the two types of gluing method, you should be able to decide better. However, out of the two gluing techniques, hot glue is the more preferred one.
Another method to try is tying. You can tie the broadhead with the help of a nylon rope. If not, you can make use of a ring as well. This is actually a traditional method which has been in practice for thousands of years now. Despite having more advanced ways, some hunters and archers still make use of this method in order to attach their broadhead to the shaft. The only problem with this method is that it may not be able to hold your broadhead firmly.
Tips To Find The Best Crossbow Broadheads
- PRECISION - Rage broad heads are known for their accuracy and their wound channels are legendary
- FERRULE ALIGNMENT - (F.A.T.) technology promotes aerodynamic flight, Massive leading edge blade, Razor sharp .035" stainless steel blades, 2" Cutting Diameter, and 100 or 125 Grain Broadhead, 3 Pack
- TECHNOLOGY - Comes with improved Shock Collar Technology which ensures proper blade retention
- PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT - Includes free practice head to ensure you will be on target when it counts!
- RAGE - Leading the Evolution in Mechanical Broadheads
If you are looking forward to buying the best crossbow broadheads, you should definitely take a look at the pointers given below. The points listed below can be of great help for the newbies.
- You should do thorough research before you set out to buy a crossbow broadhead. This will help you to learn a lot of things including method of manufacturing, material composition, performance, etc. all this is very important in deciding the quality of a crossbow broadhead.
- In case, you didn’t know but not all broadheads are meant to be used with crossbows. You need to buy a broadhead that is specially designed for a crossbow. These type of broadheads usually come with a different design. Before buying you should check whether the broadhead is crossbow-rated or not.
- Two of the most important things you need to check is the quality and performance. If you want to make the most of your crossbow broadhead, you need to make sure that you get the best one.
There is no doubt that bowhunting and archery are two of the most loved sports in the world. If you are too interested in the same, you need to make sure that you have all the right equipment. Out of all the equipment, broadheads hold special importance. In order to be a successful archer or a bowhunter, you need to know how to attach a broadhead to a shaft.
Last update on 2020-04-04 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API.